Historic Lyme Village depicts life in the Firelands from the arrival of the first settlers, in the early 1800’s, to the early 1900’s. Among the buildings in the village is the John Wright Mansion. This Second Empire Victorian Home was build between 1880 and 1882 and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The John Seymour House, an 1836 Greek Revival House, was used as a stop on the Underground Railroad. The village is home to 14 other 19th Century buildings including log homes, barns, one room school, general store, town hall, and the Detterman Log Church. The village is also home to the Schug Hardware Museum and the National Postmark Collectors Museum and Research Center.