The Nellie Tyrrell Museum was originally the Beecher Hollow School. This one-room school was built in 1860 on property once part of the Walter Vaughn Farm. It replaces an earlier log school that was located just above the present Copeland Bridge. The building served as a school until 1930 when it became the Town Hall until 1974. In 1975 it opened as the Edinburgh Town Museum and was renamed the Nellie Tyrrell Museum in 1979. The 1200 sq. ft. Nellie Tyrrell Museum accommodates the archival documents such as photographs, maps, drawings, books, articles, pictures, paintings, and public and personal records. In addition, exhibits include "An Early Schoolroom", "Life in Batchellerville", "Women's Work", "Military Contributions", and "Leather and Tanning".