Come face-to-face with North American River Otters at the Museum of Discovery and Science (MODS).
· The Otter Encounter gives guests an entirely new way to interact up-close with the popular marine mammals.
· The encounter take place every Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday and lasts 45 minutes
· Guests have the opportunity to feed and participate in a training session with an otter.
· Participants learn about the otter’s diet and get an up-close look at the filtration system that keeps the otter pool clean and fresh.
· The Otter Encounter costs $50 per person and includes admission to MODS.
· Otter Encounter Participants need to be over the age of 8.
DETAILS: To schedule your encounter, please call 954-713-0930. One-week advance reservations are required and there is a maximum of six people per group, one group per day.
ABOUT THE MUSEUM OF DISCOVERY AND SCIENCE:
The mission of the Museum of Discovery and Science (MODS) is to provide experiential pathways to lifelong learning in science for children and adults through exhibits, programs and films. Founded in 1976 as The Discovery Center, the nonprofit facility serves approximately 400,000 visitors annually. Major operational support for the Museum is provided through generous support by Leadership Guild members including JM Family Enterprises, Inc., Jet Blue and Wells Fargo.
The Museum of Discovery and Science is open every day of the year including Thanksgiving and Christmas except for one-day in the spring for its annual Wine, Spirits and Culinary Celebration and one-day in the fall for its annual Gala on October 26, 2019. The Museum is open Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Sunday from noon to 5 p.m. The Museum is located downtown at 401 SW Second Street, Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33312. For more information about the Museum, visitors should call 954.467.MODS (6637) or visit mods.org.
Like us or follow us on Social Media. Facebook: facebook.com/MODSFTL Twitter: twitter.com/modsftl