Commissioned for $35,000, the Muckenthaler home was built by Walter and Adella Muckenthaler in 1924 atop a hill in Fullerton. The 18-room villa on 8.5 acres was donated to the city in 1965 by Harold Muckenthaler who wished to see his childhood home used as a cultural center for the public to enjoy. In 1999, the Muckenthaler Cultural Center villa received designation by the National Register of Historic Places. In its 45th year, “The Muck” produces more than 100 performances, gallery exhibits and classes every year, and serves more than 25,000 people. We also host more than 75 weddings and corporate events. In 2008, we won the Best Historic Site and Best Cultural Center awards from OC Parenting magazine. In 2009, we won the Fullerton Chamber of Commerce “Quality of Life” award for best non-profit organization in the city. In 2010, we received the award for arts program of the year from Arts Orange County.