The Colonial Theatre has special place in the history of our community and in the lives of many of our residents. It has weathered many difficulties, including economic crises, as well as years of neglect at various times. The Colonial is one of the few remaining vaudeville theatres of its era in Virginia. Orginally built in 1925, it housed names such as Tex Ritter, Clara Bow, Joan Crawford, and many more. Through its restoration process beginning in 2001, it is now listed in the Virginia Landmarks Register and the National Register of Historic Places. The Colonial Center is three stories tall. Within the venue, there is an 400-seat auditorium with a balcony to stage a variety of entertainment. There are art galleries and a ballroom to view as well. Tours are available. Please go to our website for further information.