William Doud Packard (1861-1923), a prominent industrialist, found a way to mesh pride in his hometown and a love of military marches into a lasting contribution for future generations. W.D. Packard penned provisions in his 1920 will to ensure music would continue to command attention in Warren, Ohio. His wealth was fueled by the Packard Automotive Company and the Packard Motor Car Company, businesses he and his brother, James Ward Packard, founded in the 1890s. The Packard Electric Company is the predecessor of the current Delphi Packard Electric Systems, the world leader in power and signal distribution systems for automotive applications and one of the area’s largest employers. Funds were allocated from a trust to build a music hall, while the remainder was to be used to establish and maintain a band to perform in it. The city of Warren became the beneficiary after Kathryn Packard, W.D. Packard’s wife, died in 1940. Delayed by World War II, construction began in November 1953 in the 42-acre Packard Park. The Packard family donated Land for the park in 1911. The hall was dedicated on October 15, 1955. Thanks to W.D. Packard’s generosity and vision to plan for future generations, the city of Warren is fortunate to possess a versatile public assembly facility that houses a professional resident band. Concurrent with the opening of the music hall in 1955, Packard’s dream of a concert band was being realized with the organization and premier concerts of the W. D. Concert Band. Because of Today, the Packard Music Hall is the center of cultural and entertainment programs in the Warren area and averages over 100,000 in attendance each year. It is the site of a wide variety of events each year including Broadway touring productions, concerts, ballets, children’s programs, theatre, corporate meetings, high school graduations, dance recitals, pro-wrestling, gala balls, and many other programs including, of course, the free monthly Packard Band Concerts. The Hall has also been used annually since opening it’s doors in 1955, by organizations such as the Warren Civic Music Association, Trumbull Town Hall, the Barbershoppers, the A.A.U.W. and many other civic groups. For two decades (1958- 1978) it was the home of the Kenley Players and gained national recognition during that time.